FAQ's on GeM
Who can buy/purchase through GeM?
- All Central government and State Government Ministries/Departments including its attached/subordinate offices, Central and State autonomous bodies, Central and State Public Sector Units and local bodies etc. are authorized to make procurement through GeM portal.
- Who is authorized to register as Primary User on GeM?
Authorized officers of the rank of Deputy Secretary/Equivalent or Head of the Office at Sub Center / Unit / Branch of Government Organisation / PSU / Autonomous Bodies / Local Bodies / Constitution Bodies / Statuary Bodies can register as Primary User on GeM.
- What are the Requirements to utilize the GeM portal?
For Using GeM portal first a Primary User needs to register on GeM portal. Requirement of Registration on GeM are as follows: Aadhaar linked with mobile no. (To receive OTP for e-sign): Official Email ID (Preferably .nic.in OR .gov.in Email).
- Goods up to what value can be purchased on GeM?
Please refer Rule 149 of GFR 2017. The GeM portal shall be utilized by the Government buyers for direct on-line purchases as under :
- Up to Rs.25,000/- through any of the available suppliers on the GeM, meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period. The procuring authorities will certify the reasonability of rates.
- Above Rs.25,000/- and up to Rs.5,00,000/- through the GeM Seller having lowest price among the available sellers, of at least three different manufacturers, on GeM, meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period. The tools for online bidding and online reverse auction available on GeM can be used by the Buyer if decided by the competent authority. The procuring authorities will certify the reasonability of rates.
- Above Rs.5,00,000/- through the supplier having lowest price meeting the requisite quality, specification and delivery period after mandatory obtaining bids, using online bidding or reverse auction tool provided on GeM. The procuring authorities will certify the reasonability of rates.
- How to make purchase on GeM?
- Sign Up using the linkhttps://mkp.gem.gov.in/registration/signup#!/buyer. On completion of verification, Login as Primary user/HoD in GeM portal and create secondary users (Buyer/Consignee/PAO/DDO) after clicking on Manage users tab available in Dashboard.
- Buyer to login to GeM portal. Select and cart the product as per the requirement through application of various filters. Buyers should apply filters carefully to define their requirement without adversely affecting competitiveness. Select the proper buying method as per the GFR-149.
- Create demand -- Generate Sanction order -- Generate contract. Once order is placed, Seller to deliver the Goods/ Services to consignee within stipulated delivery date and generate on-line invoice on GeM portal.
- Consignee to login after receipt of Items. Generation of Provisional receipt Certificate (PRC) within 48 hrs of receipt of stores. Generation of Consignee Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC) within 10 days of receipt of stores.
- Bill processing by buyer (within 2 days of generation of CRAC by consignee) -- Bill to be forwarded to PFMS by DDO within 1 day of on-line receipt of bill from Buyer against e-signed Consignee’s Receipt and Acceptance Certificate (CRAC) (In case of central government organizations paying through PFMS) -- Payment to be made by PAO from PFMS within 2 days of receipt of bill from DDO (total time limit for payment is 10 days from date of generation of CRAC). Or Buyer to forward all documents for payment to Paying Authority and Payment to be released by Paying Authority / PAO within 10 days of generation of Consignee’s Receipt (In case of users paying through SBI e-pay or Other mode of Payment.)